In this post:
“Handshake” job recruiting platform,
MSc in Sustainable Engineering,
1st School of Sustainability in America,
Online or hybrid (in-person & online) degrees in Sustainability,
The RISN incubator
…a list at the bottom of the other EMF Pioneer Universities.
Arizona State is among the first 7 universities to partner with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation (EMF) as a Pioneer University. There are now over 60 universities on all continents associated with EMF.
Arizona State University “Handshake” job recruiting platform >> New Employers
While interested employers must have an established organization email address and operational website in order to register, it is also possible to post messages on the State Press student newspaper or connect directly with Student Organizations.
Arizona State University
ranked top in US, 5th in world pursuit of UN sustainability goals
Arizona State University’s
MSc in Sustainable Engineering
type of course: Online
Length: 15 weeks
The ONLINE Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) in Sustainable Engineering is a graduate course for professionals and graduate level students with engineering/physical science backgrounds who wish to design their own flexible, online, individualized plan of study.
At Arizona State University
Career Opportunities for Sustainable Engineering Graduates
These graduates will be ready to progress through successively higher levels of management responsibility. Graduates from this program have started careers that include but are not limited to:
- Biochemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Architectural and energy engineering
- Systems engineering
An EMF Pioneer University
Arizona State University’s School of Sustainability
…………… is the first certificate and degree-granting program of its kind in the United States. Already 20 years of study and development are the foundation for ASU’s commitment to sustainability and circular economy. We address some of the most critical challenges of our time, and the demand for our graduates is strong. Challenges that guide our research and curriculum include:
- Renewable energy, “smart” materials, etc.
- Understanding the human dimensions
- Governance and policies that support sustainable programs
Arizona State University Online Courses and Degrees
every form possible
so you can design your own program
- Non-degree programs – huge number of short, low cost courses to fill in career needs, including courses for and about indigenous populations
- Online certificate programs
- Undergraduate online degrees
- Graduate online degrees
Online or hybrid (in-person & online) degrees in Sustainability:
- University’s School of Sustainability offers a Sustainability Minor, Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees via online education and also graduate programs, such as:
- Executive Master of Sustainability Leadership – This degree encourages the use of hands-on projects from your own workplace as practical case studies and builds to a final project to apply directly and immediately to your organization’s plans and challenges. It will arm working mid and other-professionals with practical tools to implement sustainability throughout your organization, through four specific themes: global context, strategy, communication and leadership. A 13-month primarily online program with three in-person immersive sessions, one of which is held in a global location such as Amsterdam. Or the: Master of Sustainability Leadership
The RISN incubator, a collaboration between Arizona State University and the City of Phoenix was created to generate value, economic opportunity and jobs from the resources available in the waste stream.
Sustainable Consulting and Professional Services:
- Resource Innovation and Solutions Network – (RISN) advances integrated resource management through a global network of public and private partners using technological collaboration, research, innovation and application to create economic value, driving a sustainable circular economy. This Network also includes the RISN Incubator.
- Executive and professional education and certification – applied sustainability information by professionals and executives across a variety of sectors. As a result, these programs can increase “return on investment” for both individuals and their organizations, especially……
- Ethical Circular Economy Certification – Online readings and videos to prepare you or your community leaders for this one-day workshop, which includes mapping exercises from a linear economy to the circular economy, identification and documentation of the stakeholders, gatekeepers, policies, communications needed. The workshop finishes with a report that includes maps, overview and an Ethical Circular Economy Professional Certificate. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Roadmap for Implementation of Circular Economy Strategies for your Organization
- Sustainability Connect – is a platform for practical, problem solving projects in sustainability. The managers of these programs work together to bring opportunities to business, communities, students, and faculty. The Coordinator ([email protected]) helps connect you to the right project, partner or program manager.
To accelerate the ideas of a Circular Economy, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation (EMF) has developed connections world wide. The Pioneer Universities are one of these connections. They include:
University of Bradford
Delft University of Technology
University College London
Arizona State University
University of São Paulo
University of Exeter
and other posts about EMF:
Ellen MacArthur Foundation & the Best Explainer Video
EMF accelerating the Circular Economy Transition