If you are confused about what this blog is all about, maybe these questions and answers will make it clearer.
This blog was set up to encourage and help small and medium size businesses join the Circular Economy, the “waste rush”. The posts that I have published so far, may give light to some of the new opportunities in closed-loop industrial and commercial thinking. “Waste” and how it relates to the whole question of climate change and resource reclamation.
I am retired. This is my next career. I have the time, interest, energy, technical network and background to help look for the kinds of information you might need to get startedor you have come up against a snag/problem you need to solve. All you have to do is ask me. The best that can happen is that you will get answers to serious questions.
OH Really? They are set up for the viewer to review the headlines quickly, get the essence of what the post is about and then go back if something looks useful to dig in deeper.
And be sure to go to the end of each post… I try to remember to include links for further investigation.
YES, my service is FREE. OK, I know what you are thinking. People do not value something when they get it for free. So, tell me, what would you want me to charge?
This site is Open re-Source …. give it a try !
“networking” is today, = collaborate – share
The content of my blog is “open Resource”, open – to encourage – to collaborate. If I can solve small but real problems for you….why not ask me.
(If the subject is something that I think others would like to know about, I will ask you, negotiate with you to write a post about it, that does not desturb your privacy. )
Almost anything. Ask something like:
1. I don’t have time to put my “industry under the microscope to see what changes are creeping in”. Could you look for me?
2. Give me an example in my industry of “Don’t Dump, Sell my (name a waste).
3. I have a pawn shop in my town and I get all these appliances that could use a little re-manufacturing. If I set up a re-manufacturing operation for used appliances. Do you know where I could get the information to set up such an operation?
4. I have an idea for ……. I have tried it and it works well. Then I tried it with 10 different families and fixed some of the bugs. I would like to find organizations that may be interested in helping me with a project like mine; advice, support and funding?
5. Mycelium/Mushrooms – a good business from mushrooms in my city/country?
6. Do you know how I can contact the people who are collecting the plastic in the Ocean Cleanup?
>>>or, ask questions about:
*What’s the biggest Environmental problem you want to solve? *What’s the biggest Circular Economy challenge you are trying to overcome, right now?
YES! COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL! I have no intention of broadcasting you information. If I find someone who can help you, it will be your responsibility to make contact with that person.
ONLY IF I believe that your question / solution would help others. If yes, I will ask you if I may write a post about it for my blog.
HOWEVER, WITHOUT YOUR COMPLETE AGREEMENT, it will not happen.
Just fill in the “contact me” form or send me a message: [email protected]
I have lots of experience searching the web and I have my technical network of experienced persons in engineering, etc. with whom to search.
After almost 50 years of concern and dealing* with different aspects of these environmental issues, my 20 years of searching the internet and 15 years of working for an industrial B2B multinational company deeply involved with industrial production, I think I can at least try. My last boss had me do this kind of work all the time. I am retired and this is what I want to do as my next career!
It all started in the 70’s, when my husband started reading the Whole Earth Catalog. Do you know that it was President R. Nixon who set up the EPA in the USA in 1970?
* About 45 years ago in the small outer-NY state town that I lived in, I set up something called the “Junk Exchange”. Back then there was no internet, no computers. We decided to invite people to one place and set up something that looked like the Stock Exchange. If you listed one thing that you wanted to give away….you could look over the other items listed and arrange to contact the owner of anything that was listed on the Junk Exchange. No monetary value was given to anything. Our intent was to find new homes for things people would have thrown in the landfill. Those of us that put the concept together were very impressed and grateful to see that over 100 people showed up at our first event.