If you are confused about what this blog is all about, maybe these questions and answers will make it clearer.
faq??? … What the heck is this blog about?
This blog was set up to encourage and help small and medium size businesses join the Circular Economy, the “waste rush”. The posts that I have published so far, may give light to some of the new opportunities in closed-loop industrial and commercial thinking. “Waste” and how it relates to the whole question of climate change and resource reclamation.
I am retired. This is my next career. I have the time, interest, energy, technical network and background to help look for the kinds of information you might need to get started or you have come up against a snag/problem you need to solve. All you have to do is ask me. The best that can happen is that you will get answers that help you move forward.
faq??? … Your posts are complicated to read!
OH Really? They are set up for the viewer to review the headlines quickly, get the essence of what the post is about and then go back if something looks useful to dig in deeper.
And be sure to go to the end of each post… I include links to other posts for further investigation.
faq???… Is your service FREE? if yes, Why?
YES, my service is FREE. OK, I know what you are thinking. People do not value something when they get it for free. So, tell me, what would you want me to charge?
This site is Open re-Source …. give it a try !
“networking” is today = collaborate = share
The content of my blog is “Open Resource”, open – to encourage – to help you move into the Circular Economy, to collaborate. If I can solve small but real problems for you….why not ask me.
(Maybe: If the subject is something that I think others would like to know about, I will ask you, negotiate with you to write a post about it. A post that does not disturb your privacy. )
faq???… If you want us to ask questions, what kind of questions can I ask?
Almost anything. Ask something like:
- 1. I don’t have time ” to see what changes are creeping in to my industry”. Could you look for me?
- 2. Give me an example in my industry of “Don’t Dump, Sell my (name a waste).
- 3. I run a pawn shop in my town and I get all these appliances that could use a little re-manufacturing. Do you know where I could get the information to set up a re-manufacturing operation?
- 4. I have an idea for ……. I would like to find organizations that may be interested in helping me with a project like mine; advice, support and funding?
- 5. Mycelium/Mushrooms – what would be a good business from mushrooms in my city/country?
- 6. Do you know how I can contact the people who are collecting the plastic in the Ocean Cleanup?
- >>>or, ask questions about:
*The biggest Environmental problem you want to solve? *The biggest Circular Economy challenge you are trying to overcome, right now?
faq???… If I ask a question, is my request confidential?
YES! COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL! I have no intention of broadcasting you information. If I find someone who can help you, it will be your responsibility to make contact with that person.faq???… Would you publish your findings on what I ask?
ONLY IF I believe that your question / solution would help others. ONLY IF you give me permission to write a post about it.
WITHOUT YOUR COMPLETE AGREEMENT, it will not happen.faq???… How do I contact you to ask my question?
Just fill in the “contact me” form or send me a message: [email protected]
faq???… Why do you think you can help me answer my question?
I have lots of experience searching the web and I have a technical network of experienced persons in engineering, etc. with whom to help search.
After almost 50 years of concern and dealing* with different aspects of these environmental issues, my 20 years of searching the internet and 15 years of working for an industrial B2B multinational company deeply involved with industrial production, I think I can at least try. My last boss had me do this kind of work all the time. I am retired and this is what I want to do with my time!
It all started in the 70’s, when my husband started reading the Whole Earth Catalog. Do you know that it was President R. Nixon who set up the EPA in the USA in 1970?
* About 45 years ago in the small outer-NY state town that I lived in, I set up something called the “Junk Exchange”with my friends. Back then there was no internet, no computers. We decided to invite people to one place and set up something that looked like the Stock Exchange. If you listed one thing that you wanted to give away….you could look over the other items listed and arrange to contact the owner of anything that was listed on the Junk Exchange. No monetary value was given to anything. Our intent was to find new homes for things people would have thrown in the landfill. Those of us that put the concept together were very impressed and grateful to see that over 100 people showed up at our first event.