Small Business Owner!
Is it difficult for you to discover how you can get on-board the Circular Economy? Do you also worry about GHGs and rising temperatures?
A clear picture of how important “waste” is, is a good place to start.
Landfills emit one of the most dangerous GHG gases – Methane!
Muck, Trash, Emissions are all Waste!
2011, was a buyers’ market in waste management and recycling. It is easy to understand why this article by Mr. Henry Grabar, is entitled:
I have pulled a little from this article to give you a taste. But if you have the time, go to Slate Magazine online and read the whole article.
Mr. Grabar’s story is about the USA, but, of course, the whole world is involved. Waste supply chains are going to become much more important to the things we produce and use – the circular part from a business point of view: Technical Supply Chain Loops
“Back in 2011, if you wanted to recycle a plastic Coke bottle, it was a great time to do it. That spring, every plastic soda bottle was worth about x8 what it was just 2½ years earlier, and x4 what it would be five years later.
Your 2011-era empty Coke bottle was not only worth a lot because of high oil prices—it was worth a lot because Pakistan had suffered devastating monsoons in the summer of 2010. Flooding in the Indus River was one of the events that sent cotton, in April 2011, to its highest price since records began in 1870. Jeans were going to be more expensive, Levi’s announced. And so, it turned out, was recycled PET plastic, because polyester fibers made from used plastic bottles were a cost-effective replacement for cotton. Cotton was up; plastic was up; recycled PET prices went up. The scramble was on for old bottles. Which you, American reader, the world’s leading consumer of soda and bottled water, have plenty of.”
“Is American recycling still functioning after all the exports to China, etc. dried up? ““Functioning may be a little optimistic,”” says Analiese Smith, who runs the recycling program in Waukesha County outside Milwaukee. ““But we’re keeping the lights on.””
“Let’s get one thing out of the way: Recycling isn’t going anywhere. It’s an ancient practice. (200 years ago, the Chinese still had a thriving market in human manure.) It is motivated by profit. It’s also much bigger than your bottles. There are grease buyers and ship strippers and copper wire thieves. The single greatest recycled material in the United States, by weight, is ferrous scrap—primarily iron and steel from old cars. No one exports more ferrous scrap than the US. (The three biggest buyers are Turkey, Mexico, and Taiwan.)”
Waste is Wealth!
Small Business Owner! Do you know what happened atCOP 26?
This COP 26 has stated, for the first time, that countries reduce their reliance on coal and roll back fossil fuel subsidies. The GHGs that are the primary drivers of man-made climate change.
But how did planet Earth keep GHGs under control in the past?
1. Unlike humans who pull them up, the planet kept GHGs underground.
2. Unlike humans, the planet did not burn them.
3.Unlike humans who pile up waste, the natural process of decomposition and degradation broke down the sources of GHGs into their useful parts.
Take a look !!!!!
These investigations suggest
thousands of potential businesses, jobs, projects
…………………Maybe one fits YOU!
- CO2 Capture: How possible is it?
- Waste to Cleaner Energy technology is already in place! …. a number of posts!
- Climate Energy Retrofits, cleaner heating and cooling for existing buildings There is going to be GREAT DEMAND for contractors to do this work!
- I Say The Future Is VERTICAL Axis Wind Turbines!
- GREEN JOBS! Everyone is talking about it. A Green Recovery – What Is A Green Job? Green And Other Colors. ….. I am going through all my posts to check for Green Jobs & Money toward recovery. Already updated over 12+ posts showing vacancies!
- The First industry to achieve total Circular! Ink, Paper, Packaging, Textile, Plastic, Equipment all Circular! Every Print Shop Can “Go ECO”! NOW!
- Useful WASTE Business Ideas that can scale to any size you can use. Lots to do!
- Ocean Cleanup is looking for Operators: This is jobs & businesses – NOW. Local partners to operate the Interceptors™ that will extract the waste from rivers and bring it to land. the world’s 1000 most polluting rivers look here: https://wasterush.info/cleanup-4/
- WASTE PLASTIC! No matter how degradable plastic becomes, we have years of plastic waste ahead of us. Waste Plastic BUSINESSES – UpCycles Lots to do! Series of posts.
- Too Much Methane!, but if we could control it –
- Carbon Footprints: What are they and how do we deal with them
- Water-Sanitation-Toilets: very serious consequences to our planet Lots to do!
- Circular Economy issues when Financing a small business
- The PANDEMIC has been a Horrific Disruptive – Economic Opportunity! … Yes, Opportunity for your business!
- Streamline Eco-Ethical action for the Consumer: Businesses can help accelerate the consumer Vote/Buy for our planet the strategy and APPs to help the consumer Vote/Buy!
- The Path to Cradle to Cradle Certified™ – The Best customer assurance!
- Africa: Please Stay Harmonised with planet Earth
- for Hire: listings of people who want to help
- Ask WasteRush; Answers to your requests and questions
- Tools and Guidance: Online tools, Do-it-Yourself Tools, EMF training and learning platforms
- Any use of fungus pulls down CO2. Mycelium in Industry: the roots of mushrooms; how important they are
- CLEAN AIR – IS, ALREADY – IN OUR GRASP!
(look at the bottom of each post. There are lots of links to more information…)
Waste is Wealth!
We need lots of recycling superstars! They help lower GHGs!
Scientist Dr. Veena Sahajwalla is a recycling superstar whose “can-do attitude” shapes her engineering career and sowed the seeds for some ground-breaking ideas, including using car tyres and plastic bottles to cut down on “the cost of making steel” and keeping some mountains of waste out of the landfill.
The video below is 29:01 minutes, but if you look at the first 5 minutes, you will feel the enthusiasm that Dr. Veena Sahajwalla has for the Value of Waste. If you go on, you will see the background of an average person, like you and me, who does what we all need to do – VALUE WASTE. Take a look at the first 5 minutes.
So, what could you do?
Now, today and every day there are new solutions to the problems we face:
Edible Plastic for food bags,
Plastic made from Rubbish,
Fuel made from Rubbish,
Leather made from Mushrooms,
Meat made from Mushrooms,
Printing & Packaging; First industry to achieve total Circular!,
Cleaning up the ‘non-recyclable’ Waste Plastic,
Companies making money from Biomimicry: They Asked Nature.
We need to start buying these new technologies to bring down their costs , USE them to bring down the GHGs and lower the Global Temperature. Governments, need to give the economy incentive! Private finance needs to get clearly on track!
Waste is Wealth!
Your eco-business concerns are the motive for my blog.
If you have questions about how you and the Circular Economy are going to work together, Feel Free to Contact me ! Tell me what concerns YOU. Maybe, I can help you find a solution. Lesley
I’d be thrilled to assist you, too:
Hi, Thx a lot for your information. I will try go contact indonesia. Thank you so much. Regards,
Dear Lesley, Thank you for the Launch link. They seem nice, wrote them a letter. Will inform you. Have a good day
hi! Thank you for your fast reply and the info! Love your dedication to your site and the blog 🙂 Cheers
Dear Ms Woodfin, Thank you so much for your email and yes you have stated my surname correctly! I appreciate your taking the time out to do this and to understand my requirements in greater detail. Have a nice day! Regards,
Super helpful thanks Lesley and no I didn’t see that NZ reference Best Regards,
Hi there, Thanks for the quick response. We also thought it would be very contradictory to their mission and vision for them to cancel out the whole mycelium market because they patented the process. If you come across any more information, feel free to reach out. We’ll be in touch! Warm regards!